- Eden(Bride)- Entertainment was at the top of my wish list when planning my wedding. Having witnessed the magic that is Chinatown Band at a friend’s wedding, I knew I had to have them. They were the first thing we booked after setting the date. My wedding would truly not have been the same without this interactive, crazy talented crew. Even a month after my guests CANNOT stop talking about how fun our wedding band was and how they nailed all the songs perfectly. This group took my song requests a week before the wedding and made my dream wedding a reality. If you want to truly commemorate the best day of your life – you have to have this band. XOXO Mr. and Mrs. Harris
- Dave (Father of the Bride)- For every Father of the Bride, if you want to be a HERO in your daughters eyes on the BIGGEST day of her life. The Chinatown BRAND/BAND WILL COME THRU FOR YOU.
The collective talent was AMAZING, the atmosphere was electric for 5 straight hours, they made me a HERO again with our daddy- daughter dance – google 11-19 four seasons jenna-blake stromberg. We had a great venue,
but the collective vast amount of talent with this band was off the charts, the dance floor was packed from get to go!
CHINATOWN, thank you for making me a hero with our daughter
- Ellen Federico (The Event Group-NYC)- Our experience with Kenny and Chinatown Band was a complete joy from day one. They arrived on time, set up swiftly, and brought fantastic lighting and sound equipment which was a huge value included in their fee, saved us thousands. Chinatown’s performance was spot on, and Kenny included all of our special requests. Their vocals were excellent supported by very skilled musicians and wonderful lighting and sound. Kenny is a total professional, I would highly recommend him and Chinatown Band for any special event especially corporate, private and wedding event clients. I am from NYC and planning events for 29 years… hire this band! -Event for Citibank
- Thomas (Groom)- Simply put, the best wedding band ever. Weeks later, family and friends are still raving at how good Chinatown was at our wedding. They draw the audience in while they are performing to make you a part of all the action. They have a very diverse genre of songs so you won’t have to worry about being limited with them. Book them and you won’t regret it! It made our wedding night!!!
- Rebecca Derenzo (ADM Productions-NYC)- My company has worked with Chinatown on three separate corporate events now, myself personally on two. The energy they bring is nothing short of amazing. They are easy to work with, flexible, professional and all around awesome. I would recommend Chinatown to anyone! -Events for TGI Fridays and Goodyear
- Terra (Bride)- We cannot stress enough the difference it makes have an amazing, live band at your wedding instead of a DJ. I could not have found a more talented, professional, fun, and energetic group of people anywhere else!! Chinatown Band ignited the dance floor and kept everyone dancing for hours!! We had so much fun singing our most favorite songs and rocking out on stage with them!! Each person in the band was insanely talented and collectively they left everything they had out on the floor. Every guest wanted to know who picked the songs and where that band played regularly!! Chinatown band was the main event of the reception and we loved every second of their performance!! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding a night we will never forget!! We only wish they played regularly in Austin!! Hire this band!! They are the best out there hands down!!
- Kelly (Southwest Airlines)- We used Chinatown for our Holiday Party in December and they were AWESOME! They played a variety of music and had everyone on the dance floor!!! Initial planning and the whole set-up process was handled timely and professionally. I would highly recommend them!
- Philip and Herb (Grooms)- These guys are AMAZING! Kenny and all of Chinatown Band are absolutely the nicest, most professional group I’ve worked with. They were all completely willing to adjust for every aspect of the evening of our 200+ people black-tie marriage reception event. They excel at everything from soft dinner music to full-on dance party.
Their talent is second to none, and they kept the crowd dancing and begging for more. Nobody wanted to leave! I definitely would retain them again for another event.
- David (Annual Charity Strip Golf Classic)- I’ve been booking bands for a pro-am golf event for the past 6 years. Two years ago, we found Chinatown, then had to bring them back this past year because of popular demand. Outstanding in every way. They don’t just play great music – they put on a great show. Everything from sound quality to song selection to lighting is exceptional. The past two years our dance floor has been packed for 4 solid hours. We love working with Kenny – I’ve never seen anyone work harder to ensure that entire evening is an amazing experience for all of our guests. I cannot say enough good things about they way Chinatown has performed for our event. Truly awesome!
- Linda (Step Mother to the Groom)- I am the step-mom, and the one who helped select the band for my step-son’s wedding. Of course I was nervous about the band for a wedding as they will make (or break) the reception. They are the one thing people mention first when reminiscing……endless reasons no to be worried concerning “the band”. Put your mind at ease if you hire Chinatown. They are highly professional, worked with the couple prior to learn some of their favorite songs, and clearly watched the ceremony (ours was in the same venue as reception) so they knew who the “key players were. They sang to my almost 90 year old mother in law with their 1st song; they sang with the groom’s mom, etc all without being told who was who. This impressed us greatly. Their singing and musical abilities were extraordinary and they keep the guests on the dance floor. I tried searching beforehand for some general public videos of the band from another wedding. This way I could ensure the songs played on their website were not auto-tuned but didn’t have much luck…..so if you are trying that and have concerns; don’t. I think you will be just as happy as we were.
Thanks again Chinatown…..next time we need a band, I know who I’ll call.
- Bride- The best band! So fun and accommodating! One of the three compliments I received for my wedding was how amazing the band was.
- Kristen (Markel Corporation)- We used Chinatown for our Holiday Party in December and they were AWESOME! They played a variety of music and had everyone on the dance floor!!! Initial planning and the whole set-up process was handled timely and professionally. I would highly recommend them!
- Ann (Mother of the Bride)- Chinatown is a fabulous party band that I highly recommend for any event. They played at my daughter’s wedding and EVERYONE thought they were outstanding. Kenny, Lyn and Sam are amazing performers (you may remember Lyn from when she was lead singer in Emerald City Band). We originally wanted ECB or one of the franchise bands but they were booked. How fortunate for us because Chinatown was everything we could have asked from a band. You will not find a better band who will energize the crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor. They had the bride and groom up on the stage singing “Don’t Stop Believing” –something they will never forget. They made the wedding fun and I am still getting emails, texts and letters from wedding guests saying it was the BEST wedding they have attended. Don’t look any further—just higher Chinatown for your wedding or event!!!
- Shawn (Debutante Ball)- Chinatown was very easy to work with. Everyone loved thier music and danced until the very end! Guest said the band was so much fun and they only took one break! they were great!
- Jeff (Groom)- I can’t say enough about these guys. This band is SUPER talented and will literally have the party jumping until the end of the night. They did the music for both the ceremony and the reception and it was all amazing. We gave them a rough outline of what we wanted and they did the rest. People are still coming up to me months later and saying how much they loved our wedding and they ALWAYS mention the band. The band has their own equipment and require very little instruction. However, they did make it clear that if we wanted it to be very specific, they could do that, too. I would highly recommend booking this band. My wife and I are already thinking of reasons why we might need a band for the future and all of our friends with upcoming weddings have been asking if we would mind if they booked the same band! A thousand thank you’s to Chinatown for making our wedding such an unforgettable experience.
- Ameritrade- Excellent band for a corporate event. Great with the crowd and the kids. Very professional and great to work with.
- Jordyn (Bride)- Chinatown Band was incredible! Our crowd of all ages danced from start to end. We received more compliments on how awesome the band was than anything else! I highly recommend this group!
- Mark (Debutante Party)- Excellent band! Great stage presence! Very high energy!
- Abby (Bride)- Chinatown was tons of fun and did a great job transcending the wide range of ages at our event. Everyone there from age 20 to 80 had a wonderful time dancing and singing along. They really got the crowd going. Thanks, Chinatown!
- Taylor (Bride)- Chinatown was INCREDIBLE and a huge hit during our wedding. I am still getting feedback from guests…”That band was so fun!” “They sounded amazing – I kept thinking about how good they are!!”. If I could do it again, I would book Chinatown a thousand times over. So accommodating and so easy to work with – it really was a pleasure the whole time. Thank you for everything – you we always be remembered as a special part of our big day!
- Bride- Music is absolutely one of the most important aspects of a good wedding reception. A great band can have a huge impact on the reception’s quality, and Chinatown did that for us. They were great to deal with (very flexible and accommodating to our last minute requests), and they were phenomenal performers. They have a ton of energy, did a great job of getting everyone involved and on the dance floor, and they played a great range of songs. Knowing how crucial a band is to the evening, I was definitely nervous leading into our wedding but Chinatown definitely delivered in all aspects. I highly recommend Chinatown band for any event. You won’t be disappointed!
- Scott (Father of the Bride)- Once a wedding date was chosen and a venue selected we immediately started researching and interviewing those vendors and service providers that I called date sensitive; meaning those that could only do 1 event per day. (Bands, photographers, videographers hair, make up etc.). We started this process a year prior to the wedding date. We looked at many bands and actually saw Chinatown perform at least 4 times We found that many bands that perform for weddings or other events do not perform publicly which makes it impossible to actually see them perform unless you are a guest at one of those events. Chinatown not only performs at private events they too perform publicly every week. I think it is one thing to do private events but you can’t last on the public tour if you don’t bring in the customers and the excitement. Kenny and Lyn were very easy to work with and were very accommodating. They have a very large list of music they perform and can adjust to your taste. They kept the energy high all night and worked very well coordinating the various toasts, cake cutting and the Father/Daughter Dance, Mother/Son Dance and the Bride/ Groom first dance and closing dance. Chinatown is a turn key band. They showed up with all they same sound and lighting that they would use at a public event. This is not necessarily the case with other bands and we found sometimes lighting is an extra charge. Since the wedding we have had several people comment on how amazing the band was. We also have friends whose children are getting married in the next year and they too want to hire Chinatown. If I had it to do all over again I would hire Chinatown. They will not disappoint. Chinatown hasn’t seen the last of us. We will be looking for them at one of their public events.
- Jill (Debutante Party)- Chinatown was terrific.
Since we had full ball gowns for the belles and young men in tuxedos who wanted to waltz and two-step,
we neglected to request more waltzes and two-some dances, but Chinatown can perform it all!
Lovely time had by those who knew how to and wanted to dance (:
- Mark (Father of the Bride)- Father of the Bride here with a shout out and big THANK YOU to our friends at Chinatown Band!! You were fabulous at our daughter’s wedding – of course, that was no surprise to us. Catching several of your shows and getting to know you over the past several months, we knew you were going to be incredible at the reception. In fact, you went above and beyond. Not only are each of you incredibly talented, more importantly, you are extremely professional, energetic and fun. Everybody at the reception absolutely loved your music and your charm – each of you really connected with all of our guests!! You are unquestionably the best at what you do. We look forward to catching many of your shows for years to come. Thanks again, my friends!!
- Kelly (Bride)- This band delivers on all levels. From pre-event communication, to follow thru they are professionals. The music was on point, and they kept the dance floor full the entire time…not one song was a “dud”. The lead singers were so gracious to our guests, and even included the children without ever seeming to mind. If you want a band that will roll-with-the-punches and entertain all night….chose Chinatown!
- Maddie (Bride)- We ABSOLUTELY loved this band!!! They were worth every penny and were everything we could have hoped for!! Everyone had a blast and we received so many compliments on them. They made our reception the best.
- Bride- Chinatown did a fabulous job at our wedding! Everyone was dancing the whole night and everyone had a blast! People were even asking us during the wedding who our band was because they were that good! Thank you again chinatown!! We had the best time!!!
- Donelle (Palmer Country Club)- This was a fantastic band for all age groups. They worked with all the requests that were given.
- Bride- We first saw chinatown play in Houston at a black tie event and became obsessed with having them play at our wedding. At this black tie event they had over 300 people of all age ranges on the dancefloor! We contacted them as soon as we had our date and venue and heard back immediately and found out that they weren’t going to cost us our whole wedding budget so we booked them!
As far as on the wedding day, they were set up on time and exceedingly respectful of all our wishes. They were able to work with us to play all the songs that we wanted and more. Somehow they knew my now-husband’s favorite songs (without us telling them) and played all of them! We loved their music selection and were so happy they provided us with a dj while they were on break.
As far as their actual music ability, you aren’t going to find a better band. All of them are fantastic singers and great on their musical instruments. They were so engaging with our guests, but not cheesey. All of our guests commented on how fantastic they were and were completely blown away by them.
If you are a bride looking for a wedding band that is going to make your night memorable Chinatown is a fantastic deal. As an aside, I would contact them directly as to make the process a lot easier vs. going through a booking agent.
- Kristin (Bride)- Chinatown is AWESOME!!
There are lots of wedding bands in the D/FW area, but Chinatown was our top pick and the best value for so many reasons. We worked with CK, one of the band managers on arranging dates, payment, contracts etc. We completed all the paperwork with him. Kenny Lewis is the lead singer of Chinatown, and he reached out to us to finalize song lists and work through day-of stuff with us. He was AWESOME. I wanted to do a mash-up for my dance with my dad rather than the normal father/daughter dance. I told him the songs I wanted mashed up and rough cuts of when to transition between songs. He had one of the band members work something up and had it back to me within 2 days so that I could preview and then start practicing with my dad. I really appreciated how quick he was to respond.
The other thing I LOVED about this band was how flexible they were in working with our needs. I had always dreamed of serenading my husband during the reception (not what you’re thinking – I wanted to sing “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by The Darkness). 🙂 Kenny thought it was an awesome idea and rather than just handing me a karaoke version of the song, he offered to have the band actually PLAY it while I sang! I went to one of their rehearsals and we practiced a couple of times before the wedding, and it was a SMASH HIT. Coolest experience of my life!
Throughout the reception our guests were all up dancing and singing, and Kenny and the other band members were out engaging the crowd, letting people sing a verse here and there, and just really brought a lot of energy. It was so much fun and after the wedding my bridal party told me they would have stayed out dancing another 2 hours if given the chance.
Chinatown was so wonderful to work with, friendly and professional, and very affordable by live wedding band standards. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!
- Craig (Groom)- Chinatown did an excellent job at our wedding. Our friends and family talked about them for weeks after the wedding about their performance.
- Jan (High School Prom)- Chinatown performed for our high school prom. The kids loved them and never stopped dancing. They were extremely easy to work with and happily complied with the school’s rules regarding lyrics and song choice. We would hire them again without question.
- Audrey (Bride)- GREAT BAND! Chinatown really knew how to get the party started and keep people on the dance floor all night. They did a great job of feeling out the crowd and knowing exactly what to play next. They were easy to work with and extremely personable. Our friends and family are still talking about how awesome Chinatown was and how much fun was had with them. The fact that the band comes with a DJ is great, there was never downtime on the dance floor. I would recommend Chinatown to any looking for a dance party and a lot of entertainment!
- Bride- We could not of found a better band for our wedding, From the light show to the play list everything was perfect!!
- Chrissy (Bride)- They were an amazing band, they played the music we wanted to hear and we didn’t even ask 🙂 they gaged the crowd and interacted with us all. My husband and I missed all the other parts of our wedding because we spent the entire night on the dance floor. They were so easy to work with and I have recommend them and will continue to do so ever since. If you are wanting a band that keeps the party going this is it, we sang with them we danced with them they made our night more memorable than we thought it could be.
- Ann (Bride)- Awesome band. Very professional and personable. Flawless performance. Exactly what we dreamed for and then some.
- Stephanie (Bride)- What a band! Chinatown took my wedding reception to the next level of fun and energy! My guests are still raving about the music. The band played a wonderful romantic dinner music set and then upped the tempo after dinner. The dance floor was packed! We had people from age 5 to 80+ enjoying the music. To conclude we had a wonderful acoustic guitar solo for our private last dance. Little did we know that the load in had been difficult due to our venue’s layout but Chinatown didn’t let it show or complain to my family. Top notch professionalism and great sound. Thanks Chinatown!!
- Dieter (Father of the Bride)- I’m still in the afterglow of a very successful wedding reception! In my experience, the difference between a good wedding and a great wedding is not the food, it’s not the venue, it’s not the variety of alcohol, it’s the band and you guys were awesome! I’ve had nothing but compliments (several said ‘best wedding ever”). The party turned out exactly as I hoped it would and you guys kept people in it from start to finish. The dinner music was great (loved unplugged Layla) and once the dancing started, the floor was never empty. So to sum it up – Good wedding = DJ, Great wedding = band, Best wedding ever = Chinatown!
- Haley (Bride)- Awesome band! We recieved many compliments from our guests!
- Brandon (Groom)- Chinatown was AWESOME. There are so many bands out there and it’s hard to find one that really appeals to all of your guests. They played songs that everyone liked and the dance floor was packed the entire night. They interacted with the guests and had a good time with us. There were no mistakes, they followed our reception schedule and announced and played everything as expected and on time. We didn’t have to worry about anything. I highly recommend them and I will use them again if I ever need a band in the future.
- Graduation Party- Chinatown played for a graduation party in Houston, Texas. They were amazing and everyone loved the mix of music It was refreshing to hire a band that was there to play, not take breaks every 15 minutes. We had a wide range of tastes to please and they really did a wonderful job of keeping the group engaged and on the dance floor. I’d use them again.
- Diana (Bride)- Our wedding was made even more special thanks to Chinatown Band, people are still commenting on how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed the variety of music played and of course the quality of the singers’ voices!
- Jordan (Bride)- We had seen Chinatown at Local Pour, a restaurant/bar in Houston, while my parents had seen Chinatown play at another wedding. When it came time to hire a band for our wedding we looked nowhere else but Chinatown! Our friends were so excited after seeing them play at Local Pour and they definitely did not disappoint at the wedding! We have had so many friends and family come to us and tell us this was the best wedding they have ever been to and we know it is all due to the entertaining that was provided by the band. They are so energetic and really get people to interact all night…myself and my bridesmaids never wanted to leave the stage! I would recommend them to anyone and we cannot wait to see them again at Local Pour!
- Wedding- Chinatown was the best band! All of my guests kept raving about how great the band was and people are still talking about them!
- Wedding- We honestly had no idea what to expect when we booked them. We saw them at some charity auction in Houston but decided to take a chance with them. They far exceeded all of our expectations! We and all of our guests were truly blown away. People are still talking and asking about the band.
We really appreciated the interaction with the crowd. Our voices are still hoarse from singing and and our bodies are so sore from dancing all night! We wouldn’t have wanted it any other way! We would happily recommend them to anyone in the future.
- Bride- Chinatown Band was fabulous at our daughter’s wedding – of course, that was no surprise to us. Catching several of Chinatown Band’s shows and getting to know the band over the past several months, we knew the band was going to be incredible at our daughter’s wedding reception. In fact, Chinatown Band went above and beyond. Not only are each of the band members incredibly talented, more importantly, they are all extremely professional, energetic and fun. Everybody at the reception absolutely loved Chinatown Band’s music and charm – each of the band members really connected with all of our guests!! Chinatown Band is unquestionably the best at what they do. We look forward to catching many of the band’s shows for years to come. Thanks again for a job well done, my friends!!
- Betsy and Allan(Bride and Groom)- We discovered Chinatown Band at a local pub near our home, and after that decided we had to have them play at our wedding!!! Kenny was so professional and easy to work with. The band sounded amazing and we received so many complements from our guests. It was a nonstop dance party and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. They even surprised us and took us up on stage to sing with them! Thanks Chinatown Band, you definitely made our wedding more special than we could have imagined! ~Betsy and Allan
- Bride- Amazing band! Best decision ever to hire them for our wedding!!! People couldn’t stop dancing and couldn’t stop talking about how great the band was!! 🙂
- Haley (Bride)- Great band! These guys are hip, fun, and sound amazing! They are sure to keep the dance floor full at your wedding!